Discovered something new today while searching for food for brain…
I think this service has been there for some time already. Just that it has been a long time since I logged in the National Library Board account.
It is convenient and I do not have to read the book from a physical book nor from the screen.. I can in fact listen to it leisurely while working too..
Users can sign up for a free account (for Singaporeans) and borrow the ebook and listen to the book in your browser.
I am pretty amazed and happy about this new discovery…
The book I chose to listen to today is “Choice Theory: A New Psychology of Personal Freedom”
Few points that I would like to note down from listening to the first two chapters:
- Do not do anything that will create distance between you and another person: Doing LESS is sometimes the best thing to do.
- There is nothing wrong with that person and there is nothing wrong with you; what went wrong was your relationship/ communication
- Creativity is important in relationship building – Do things that are unexpected, there may be amazing results that improves the relationship greatly.
- Being specific about your problem is very important. Life is lived specifically. It is all the details that count.
- Regardless of what has happened to us, Choice Theory does not focus on the past as the cause of present difficulty. Many people want to stay in the past, they are afraid to deal with the present problem and are happy to escape into the past to find someone to blame for their present unhappiness. People use the past to avoid facing what is really happening to their lives now. They avoid dealing with unpleasant present that they have to do something about now. To blame is much easier than to choose to change.
I think it is good to learn and note them interesting points down..it would be a nice reminder or nice read some time down the road…